Tuesday, 26 March 2013

South America

I am in Quito now and there are lots of people! I have been performing with a local musician, singing while he plays the guitar and blows the pipes. I am quite tuneful! Tomorrow I leave at 4.30am! The Galápagos Islands are 1000km away. I am looking forward to seeing the giant tortoises :)

19 comments:

  1. Wow you must feel amazing because I would from your friend Jordan m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordan!
      Nice to hear from you:)
      I had to wake up early this morning for another air flight.
      I am a bit worried about the sea birds in the Galapagos.
      What if they want to eat me?
      WB
      x

      Delete
    2. Don't be afraid off the Galapagos sea birds because you can make friends with them if I was you I would go up to them and say hallo to the birds wouldn't you?

      Delete
    3. I am not afraid of the birds but I am not allowed to get too close. They come close to me though.

      Delete
  2. Hi Wally
    You are having some amazing adventures! Miss L is very jealous that you get to go to the Galapagos Islands.
    Will you have an internet connection when you are there?
    I hope you get to see the giant tortoises - do you know how old they are? (though be careful - sometimes it's not polite to ask someone how old they are).

    Have a great time,
    From Miss Lyall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Internet was only in the main town. I secretly asked the guide how old the giant tortoises were and some were over 100 years old.

      Delete
  3. Hi Wally
    What was your favourite thing to do in south
    America. I would love to go around the world.
    Where are off to next.

    from Eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Eliza, I haven't finished my trip in South America yet but so far my favourite thing has been the giant tortoises. I am off to Peru next.

      Delete
  4. Hi Wally Bear
    We hope you have a great Easter eating lots of chocolate!
    5 days of no school for us! Yipee!
    We miss you!
    Easter hugs
    From Room 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Room 4. I am hoping for honey filled chocolate eggs.

      Delete
  5. Hi Wally

    It is Easter now so don't eat too much chocolate otherwise
    you will not be allowed chocolate ever again.

    Easter hugs love from Mackenzie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wally
    Four thirty in the morning is really early make sure you go to bed early so you are not tired in the morning.

    From Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had to have lots of early nights!

      Delete
    2. Hi Wally

      That is good you have early nights especially this time because you have to wake up at four thirty in the morning. I would be very tired;)


      From Rachel

      Delete
    3. Oh Rachel, I have another really early start tomorrow :( The plane takes off before dawn to get to the Amazon rainforest. Hope I have time for honey sandwiches before I go......
      Wally hugs
      xoxo

      Delete
    4. Hi Wally

      Whats the plane like?
      I have not had much time to go on the computer:(
      I hope you have a good time at the Amazon rain forest.
      I wonder what animals live there.

      From Rachel

      Delete
  7. Hi Rachel!
    The plane was quite a big one :)
    If you look at my next blog I have shown you some of the animals that live there.
    Hugs
    Wally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wally

    I went on a big plane to Auckland it was Jet star on the way there it was Air new zealand on the way back.
    Every body on the plane was making noise.
    Was every one noisy on the plane you went on?

    From Rachel

    ReplyDelete