Saturday, 20 April 2013

Lake Titicaca

I spent a night with a local family on an island on Lake Titicaca. It is the highest lake in the world. It was so cold, I had to wear a local woolly hat, made for me by the lady in the photograph. My next stop is Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. It's very hot there, so I might need a sunhat.....



7 comments:

  1. Wally
    I love your hat! We are on school holidays in NZ now. Hopefully the children from Room 4 will continue to follow you from home over the holiday period and I know they will be excited to read all of your posts as soon as they are back.
    Miss H :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Miss H,
      It is much hotter in Brazil than Peru! I haven't found a sunhat that fits yet. Rio de Janeiro is a huge noisy city and lots of it is jungle. I have seen heaps of monkeys; maybe they would steal my hat if I had one.....
      Wally hugs,
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Wally
    It looks like you made a friend hows mrs f I bet you have done so much we are all missing u and mrs f

    lots of hugs
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eliza
      I have made lots of friends on my travels. Sometimes they speak another language so that is tricky. Mrs F is fine, thanks and we are both missing Weedons too.
      Wally hugs
      Xoxo

      Delete
  3. That's a very warm looking hat. Nice hat Wally Bear.
    Rimu Room 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rimu Room 5
      Yes my hat is very warm, thank you.
      I love all the colours too.
      I hope you are all.working hard.
      Wally hugs
      Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Wally

    Were is the island lake titicaca?

    From Rachel

    ReplyDelete