I tried feeding pigeons in Lima, the capital city of Peru, but they were a bit scared of me. Did you know that avocados, tomatoes and potatoes all originated in Peru? See if you can find out how many types of potatoes there are - let me know your guesses - you will be amazed! Maize is also different here - look at all the different colours! Peruvians eat guinea pigs! Can you believe it? I am glad Mr and Mrs F don't eat meat. I hope they don't get a liking for small brown bears.
At the moment, I am in Cusco, which is in the Andes Mountains. See what you can find out about the Andes. Tomorrow, we start the 4 day trek to Machu Pichu and we have to go very high. I will blog again when we get home.......if we get home...... there is a picture of me on the Inca terraces. What can you find out about the Incas?



Hi Wally
ReplyDeleteThat is a cool photo.
How many stairs do you think there is?
Did you have to climb up all those stairs?
From Rachel
Hello Rachel
ReplyDeleteThere were thousands of stairs, too many to count.
Some went up and some went down and some were very steep,
I climbed lots of them but I had to have a piggy back for the really steep ones.
Wally hugs
xoxo
Hi Wally
DeleteThat is allot of stairs.
If you climbed them all you would be really tired.
From Rachel
Hello Wally Bear
ReplyDeleteJack and I love the pics that you have on your blog.
I have missed you, so has Jack!
I LOVE THE ELEPHANT.
Jack loves the pigeons.
We have been macking papper mache
dinosaurs in class.
From Charli Rose and Jack.