Saturday, 22 June 2013

Journey through Turkey

I have met lots of friends in Turkey and can even speak some Turkish words! If you say 'tea sugar' it sounds the same as 'thank you' in Turkish, so I have been using my manners :) In the picture of the amphitheatre, gladiators used to fight with each other and wild animals too. I visited Anzac Cove and saw the graves of soldiers who died fighting. It was very sad.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Wally
    What amazing things you are seeing. We are all learning so much from your journey!

    Have you had apple tea in Turkey?

    It must be getting warmer over there - we have just had a really big storm - lots of flooding in Chch but we missed out on the snow that other places got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Lyall

    I have had oodles of apple tea - it is so delicious.
    Sorry that you have had such bad weather. I am in England now and have been playing lots of tennis. The net is very high for me to get the ball over:( I am hoping to play Andy Murray soon, but he has been a bit busy lately winning Wimbledon.
    England is in the middle of a heat wave so I have HAD to eat lots of strawberries.
    I am off to London this week so will post some more photos soon :)
    Squishes,
    Wally B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I wrote that comment we have had great weather - in fact it almost looks like winter has gone - there are even lambs over the road from school and a bellbird back in the trees by school.

    It sounds very hard having to eat so many strawberries - Room 3 hopes that you didn't make yourself sick!

    We are 2 weeks in to term 3 now - it is book week next week - what is your favourite book? Miss Lyall has Padington Bear the book in Room 3 - have you been to Padington?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven't been to Paddington because I thought I might get lost again! My favourite book is...... oh, I have so many favourites! Sailor Bear, Rupert Bear, Paddington Bear, Winnie the Pooh are all favourite characters of mine so I love any stories they are in. I am flying to Russia tomorrow and apparently there are real bears there. I hope they aren't big ones.
    Wally hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete